HexagonFab is a recent spin-off company from the University of Cambridge. Our mission is the development of next-generation sensors for rapid point of care testing. The core of our technology is a novel nanomaterial-based platform that allows near real-time detection of antibody/antigen binding.
Based in our labs in Cambridge, UK, you will be involved in the development of a novel nanomaterial-based immunoassay for the detection of proteins and small molecules.
- Development of immunoassays for protein detection
- Optimization of the surface chemistry including processes for immobilization of antibodies and improvement of surface passivation protocols
- Performing experiments to investigate processes for the immobilization of antibodies using linker molecules and methods for reducing non-specific binding
- The experimental work will be carried out at our laboratories in Cambridge, UK
- On a day to day basis, you will work closely with researchers in an interdisciplinary team including engineers, chemists and clinicians
- MSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and drive
- 2+ years experience with development and verification of immunoassays such as ELISA
- Previous experience with chemFETs or graphene-FETs
What we offer
- Young, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Be part of the next-era of detection technologies for clinical diagnostics, quality control, and protein engineering
- Competitive salary
- Most important off all, join a great team!
Start date: 1. April or by arrangement
Primary location: Cambridge, UK
1. Send CV with a short e-mail outlining your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Successful applications will be invited to first stage interview via phone call or video
3. Second round face-to-face interview with members of the team